Recipe Index

Thursday, June 5, 2014

This One Will Knock 'em Dead!

Yes, that's a toy gun in the background and no, we are not a violent family.  My son just cherishes the hand-me-down guns from his dad, which repeatedly end up on the kitchen counter! 

I've been sick all week and completely forgot to post this recipe.  I'm glad I realized that before I ate the last piece, which is what you see above.  This loaf cake went fast, like lickety split.  Everyday after lunch I would have my 2 slivers of chocolate loaf cake with some Greek yogurt on top and it was complete heaven.  I was hoping this miracle bread/cake would knock my germs dead and I'd be feeling better by now, but that has not been the case.  At least I felt good in the time it took me to eat those moist, rich, dark slices.

It cuts and eats like a cake but since it is baked in a loaf pan, I might have to say it's more of a quick bread than an actual cake.  Nick Malgieri calls it a loaf cake though so you be the judge.  I've made a lot of chocolate breads in the past 5 years, and I have to say, this one is my favorite, hands down.  The flavors are balanced perfectly and the texture is outstanding.  I'm just sorry I've kept it a secret all this week :)      

FYI, I halved the recipe and kept it in the oven for the full 35 minutes.

See recipe here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment