Recipe Index

Friday, June 6, 2014

Cake Fridays

To continue the debate of whether or not something baked in a loaf pan can be called a cake, I asked my husband what he thought.  He agreed with me.  If something is baked as a quick bread how can it be called a cake?  So I "surfed" Google and found tons of recipes for loaf cakes.  I came to the conclusion that people do call them cakes and it doesn't really matter what pan you use, especially if you add frosting to it like this whole wheat applesauce loaf cake.  So it all depends if you like your cakes round, square, rectangular, or in bundt form.  Anyway you slice it, it's still cake! 

Head on over to my new favorite blog where you'll find this recipe and many more delicious creations: http://www.eatliverun.com/

FYI: I baked my loaf cake uncovered for 35 minutes, then covered it for 10 more minutes, for a total baking time of 45 minutes.  The bottom picture has lines on the finished product because it stuck to the pan so I had to let it cool upside down :(  The frosting would be a good cover-up, although I did not go that route.  Overall, it smells and tastes absolutely fabulous.  

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment