Recipe Index

Saturday, June 14, 2014

All pancakes, all weekend!


Since Sunday is Father's Day and my husband LOVES pancakes, that's what I'll be serving up all weekend long!

This morning I made lemon cornmeal pancakes with strawberry sauce from my new favorite site: eatliverun.com.  The lemon olive oil cake from yesterday's post hails from the same site and what better way to continue the lemon tradition than with pancakes?!


I combined the dry ingredients last night so this morning all I had to do was whisk the eggs, buttermilk, oil and applesauce, and zest the lemon.  Since I knew I'd be frying these babies up in butter, I opted for 1 T oil and 1 T applesauce.  These pancakes are light and delicate with a sandy texture from the cornmeal. 


Next time I might make a blueberry sauce to compliment these lemon cornmeal pancakes and maybe even add some toasted pecans.  Overall, they were absolutely delicious and I will definitely be making them again soon!

Look at the foamy butter


I had mine with the sauce only


My husband added syrup

FYI: My pancakes took 3-5 minutes per side and my strawberry sauce took 25-30 minutes to soften.  I used a 1/4 measuring cup to ladle my pancakes into the pan and made 12 pancakes total, which came to 3 (4 pancakes each) servings in our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment