Recipe Index

Monday, June 23, 2014

Oatmeal Mondays

Eggless Baked Oatmeal

2 C canned pumpkin
2 C Greek yogurt
4 T chia seeds 
2 C old fashioned oats
2T-4T water to loosen the batter

I stopped here, mixed all the ingredients together in a bowl and poured it into an 8x8 glass baking dish.  I baked it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  I reheated each serving in the microwave for 2.5 minutes, dusted it with cinnamon and adorned it with a sliced banana.  4 servings.

If you are not a fan of the sometimes bitter taste of canned pumpkin, you might want to add vanilla extract to the mixture, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and/or your favorite chopped nuts.  I would suggest 1 t vanilla extract, 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 C brown sugar, and 1/4 C chopped nuts.  

This is a super healthy, energy boosting breakfast.  I loved it and I think you will too :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment