Recipe Index

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Healthy Banana Pancakes Update

My husband made these for Sunday breakfast and they were outstanding when served alongside quartered strawberries, dripping with warm honey, and slathered with peanut butter. 

  
Next time though I think we'll experiment with the ratios a bit.  Don't get me wrong, I love their light, delicate structure but they do tend to dissolve in your mouth.  For instance, adding more ground oats and nuts would add texture and make them more substantial and cakey.  I would consider substituting Greek yogurt and some oil for an egg, especially when doubling the recipe since it seemed like a lot of eggs (4).  Along with the nuts and oats, this might give them more texture and beefiness too.  If you are vegan, you may want to consider adding chia seeds or ground flaxseed meal in place of all the eggs.

*Cooks Note: These are all just brainstormed ideas.  I have not tested them out yet so use caution!

Overall, I love these pancakes.  When doubling the recipe, you get 18 silver dollar sized pancakes, which was just enough for my husband and me.     


No comments:

Post a Comment