Recipe Index

Friday, January 17, 2014

Cake Fridays

I am a huge fan of Gooseberry Patch.  I think that is what started my love of cooking and baking.  They publish the most wonderful cookbooks centered around the holidays.  I have yet to get into the crafty aspect of Gooseberry Patch but I intend to once I get my crafty gene!  

These mini cupcakes couldn't be simpler.  Melt chocolate, beat eggs and flour, add chocolate.  Mix.  Done.  And they don't even require frosting!  Make it even easier on yourself and buy a can of whipped cream and dot them with mini chocolate chips (or any chips you have on hand...ooh, peanut butter chips would be divine).  These disappear quickly so pace yourself and your guests.  They really do taste like a bowl of super rich chocolate mousse!

Mini Mousse Cupcakes (Gooseberry Patch)

2 1/3 C milk chocolate chips
6 eggs, beaten
¼ C plus 2 T flour
Garnish: whipped cream and chocolate shavings

Melt chocolate chips over medium heat in double boiler and let cool slightly.  In large bowl, beat eggs and flour.  Beat in melted chocolate until combined.  Fill 24 paper lined mini muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 325 degrees for 7-10 minutes.  Cool in muffin tin on wire rack for 20 minutes.  Invert and cool completely.  Garnish if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment