Recipe Index

Friday, December 26, 2014

Cake Fridays

Sugared cranberries

Cake straight out of the oven

More sugared cranberries

All dressed up!



 
I hope everyone had a magical Christmas!  I decided to make this cranberry meringue cake for the big day. I saw it featured on The Kitchen on Food Network and I knew I had to make it.  The flavors were beautiful but the texture was nothing like a cake.  It had the texture of a very thick, dense bar, almost like a gingersnap spiced blondie.  The cream cheese frosting added creaminess and zing, while the sugared cranberries added sweetness, tartness, and eye appeal.  All of the components together made for a delightful dessert but I really couldn't enjoy it as much as everyone else because I had a cake stuck in my head!  I'm not sure why it turned out that way but everyone loved it so I guess I should be thankful for that.  That's what the season is all about right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment