Recipe Index

Friday, December 19, 2014

Cake Fridays

 Christmas Spice Buttermilk Pound Cake
 
I finally have a cake recipe to post for Cake Fridays!  It is a Christmas spice buttermilk pound cake and it is fabulous!  I used a base recipe and added 3 t of the gingerbread spice hot chocolate mix I made last Friday. My cake baked for 60 minutes and stuck quite a bit to the bundt pan.  I used non stick spray so I would advice using shortening or butter to grease the pan.  This is a rich, comforting, spicy, dense pound cake that goes well with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, or both!  You could easily get 16 slices out of this cake because it is so filling but I'll leave that up to you :)

Here is the base recipe that I added 3 t of gingerbread spice hot chocolate mix to.  If you are a purist, leave out the mix altogether or if want something filled with Christmas spice and charm, add the mix. Feel free to customize this recipe to your liking :)



No comments:

Post a Comment