Recipe Index

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Avocado Cookies


These are the deepest, darkest, richest cookies you will ever eat, period.  I'm not saying that in a bad way. I'm saying that in a very good way.  A tad on the bitter side, these cookies are for dark chocolate lovers, like my husband.

They do not set-up like your average cookie since they contain no flour or butter but when frozen, they hold their shape beautifully.  The crunch from the semi-sweet chocolate chips (which is what I used) paired with the soft, fudge-like texture makes you think you want to plow into the whole batch of 16. I don't say this often but less is more with these cookies.  Two were perfect whereas I always contemplate having a third cookie and in most cases, follow through with it.  Make these for the chocolate lover in your house and they will be happy to know they are actually good for you. All hail the mighty, versatile avocado :)

Here is the recipe.

FYI: I used granulated sugar instead of coconut sugar and baked my cookies for 10 minutes.  I let them set-up on the baking sheets lined with parchment paper for 10 minutes or so before transferring them (still on the parchment paper) to the refrigerator.  After a few hours, I then placed them in a freezer safe plastic bag and left them overnight.              

No comments:

Post a Comment