Recipe Index

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Speculoos Cookies


I made these cookies this morning and the house smells like a cinnamon factory!  If you're a cookie butter fan and vegan, these cookies are perfect for you.  They are super simple to whip up, although next time I think I'll use the stand mixer.  The batter was very hard to mix by hand until I added the soy milk.  Overall, these little gems remind me of peanut butter cookies with their crispy outer shell and chewy interior.  YUM!



Source: Where the Veggies Are

Makes about 20-24 cookies

2/3 cup Speculoos
3/4 cup sugar (or less)
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp soy milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the Speculoos, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the flour, baking powder, and soy milk. Put 1 tbsp of dough per cookie on a pan and bake 12-16 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment