Recipe Index

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Son is 5 Today!

 
I made cupcakes for my son's preschool class per his request: chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  He did inform me that two kids in his class don't like chocolate so I made some vanilla cupcakes as well.  I tried to talk him into marshmallows on top, chunks of candy mixed in, but he wanted plain chocolate cupcakes with plain chocolate frosting.  He did insist on sprinkles though so that livened them up.  I guess I should be grateful that he didn't want a Star Wars Millennium Falcon cake complete with fondant and working motors!



Here is a healthier frosting recipe I think you'll love.  I used this recipe for the first time today to frost my son's cupcakes.  I'd say it made enough to frost 15-18 cupcakes (I tend to not go overboard though).  If you like a lot of frosting, you might want to double the recipe.  I frosted some before adding the cocoa powder.  Both versions are rich, creamy, and oh so delicious.   

Healthier Frosting

1/3 C soft butter
1/3 C room temperature cream cheese

Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.

Add 1/4 C powdered sugar and mix.  You can stop here if you want white frosting but for chocolate, add 1/4 C cocoa powder and mix completely.

Frost and enjoy :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment