Recipe Index

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chocolate Gingerbread

I heart this bread.  I love it so much that I made it twice in 3 days!  I typically gravitate toward molasses, ginger flavored breads but this one is different.  It has the addition of both cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips.  What could be better?!  Here is the original recipe and my version is below.  Enjoy :)

Chocolate Gingerbread

1 C + 1 T flour or 135 g
1/2 t baking soda
2 T cocoa powder
1 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 t salt

Whisk in large bowl.  Set aside.

3 T canola oil
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 C buttermilk
1/3 C molasses
2 T flaxseed meal

Whisk vigorously in 2 C glass pitcher.  Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.  Fold in 2 T chopped, crystallized ginger and 1/2-3/4 C mini chocolate chips.  Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 38 minutes.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment