Recipe Index

Saturday, September 27, 2014

THE Cake


 
So I ended up making the graham streusel coffee cake also known as THE cake.  Boy am I glad I did.  We sampled some of the crispy, flaky edges the day of but I have to say, it is even better the next day. Something magical happens overnight and all that nutty, buttery cinnamon streusel soaks into that fluffy, light cake.  I don't think you can achieve that texture using anything but a boxed yellow cake mix.  Undeniably one of the top 5 cakes I'll crave and bake regularly, especially if company is coming over.  It makes a ton so I gave some away to the neighbors for a weekend breakfast treat and will be bringing the rest to a get together with friends.  Serve with ice cream or grab an oversize piece with her hands.  Anyway you slice it, it is a ridiculously delicious cake.   
FYI: I used 6 T of butter instead of 2/3 C for the streusel topping.  I also omitted the icing.  My cake baked up perfectly in 30 minutes flat. 
 Here is the recipe again: graham streusel coffee cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment